The past is the past! My direction is forward, not back!
We humans often have such pessimism about the future and about ourselves. That pessimism chains us to old nightmares that keep repeating. We mourn at sunsets and feel helpless to change the momentum of our individual and collective existence.
In my speculative fiction series Anunnaki Awakening, I put forth the idea of The Future Possible. This represents a vision of the future where humanity escapes its past failings and achieves its true potential.
But, what if we chose to see sunsets as beginnings rather than endings? What if we chose to walk away from certainty that chains us to the past and trade it for the uncertainty where possibility and potential live?
Today I am posting 17 quotes focused on helping you to positively focus on the future. While you cannot underestimate the importance of living fully in the now, I believe it is important to create a positive expectation for the future. See new horizons for yourself and for humanity. Too often, our popular media portrays a dark and dangerous future. This probably mirrors the human mental default setting.
It takes work to overcome that and see a bright and positive future. However, we must if we are to live in that future. The future is always a mystery, but never an accident. I hope these quotes will help you prepare for and paint a colorful and empowering future. I am certain you will find at least one quote, if not several, that fire your visions for peaceful, positive, and productive future.
- “I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.”~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The best way to predict the future is to event it.”~ Alan Kay
- “The minute you alter your perception of yourself and your future, both you and your future begin to change.”~ Marilee Zdenek
- “And when the future hinges on the next words that are said, don’t let logic interfere. Believe in your heart instead.”~ Philip Robison
- “You keep unconsciously becoming your past, until you consciously choose to become your new future.”~ Ray Davis
- “He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future.”~ George Orwell
- “The future belongs to the risk-takers, not the comfort-seekers.”~ Brian Tracy
- “We can become inspired to shape a higher, more ideal future, and when we do, miracles happen.”~ James Redfield
- “The future starts today, not tomorrow.”~ Pope John Paul II
- “The visions we offer our children shape the future. It matters what those visions are. Often they become self-fulfilling prophecies. Dreams are maps.”~ Carl Sagan
- “Take comfort in the future. We worry about what will become of us. Our lives are chaotic like a wave rushing to shore. But every single drop of water in that wave winds up precisely where it belongs, and so do we.”~ Ray Davis
- “The past is always tense, the future perfect.”~ Zadie Smith
- “You can build the future out of anything. A scrap, a flicker. The desire to go forward, slowly, one foot at a time.”~ Lauren Oliver
- “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith.”~ Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Let go of the past and go for the future. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined.”~ Henry David Thoreau
- “Your future is only as bright as your mind is open.”~ Rich Wilkins
We are capable of amazing futures, even as we tend to the present. Those futures are born in individual minds and the collective mind, and must be, if we are see them manifest in our world.